August 14, 2023
MEDIA CONTACT: Avi Bernard, firstname.lastname@example.org
Year-Two Care First Community Investment Grant Application Deadline Approaching
$100 million available for eligible Community Based Organizations
LOS ANGELES – Care First Community Investment (CFCI) grant applications from the Los Angeles County Justice, Care and Opportunities Department are live, and will remain open until September 1.
CFCI grants were created by the Board of Supervisors to set aside 10 percent of the County’s locally generated, unrestricted revenue for alternatives to incarceration and direct community investment.
A large portion of L.A. County’s direct investment is being delivered in the form of care grants to community-based organizations (CBOs) that are helping justice-impacted individuals while making our communities safer.
A total of over $55 million for three years was awarded to 118 CBOs in the first year of CFCI.
For year-two, a total of over $122 million for three years is available to all CBOs working in the following areas:
- Community Operated Youth Centers
- Expanding Safety in L.A. County
- Job Readiness, Training, and Placement for Adults
- Healing-Informed Arts Projects
- Satellite Sites in Gang Impacted Communities to Work with Active Gang Members
- Increasing Food Access in Los Angeles: Urban Agriculture & Training Programs
- Bridge Housing
- Release, Education, Neighborhood Treatment, Reintegration and Youth Empowerment
- Residential Treatment for Survivors of Sexual Exploitation
- Indigenous Youth Empowerment Programs
- Youth Justice Programs
- End Exploitation and Create a Safer Community for Women
- From Treatment, Diversion, or Jail to Work
“This is a great opportunity for local organizations to receive the funding needed to advance their missions,” said Judge Songhai Armstead (Ret.), Director of the Justice, Care and Opportunities Department. “These resources will encourage investment in the communities most in need.”
To apply for year-two grants by the September 1 deadline, visit our third-party administrator site here.